It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. Chamomile tea can calm and relax your mind, and soothe your thoughts. Chamomile tea can help you rest during those nights when you have trouble sleeping. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. Avocados help lower blood pressure because of its potassium content. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. Stress and anxiety can be brought to a manageable level with these foods. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. Dark chocolate has more cocoa which contain substances known to relieve stress and induce calmness.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Turmeric aids in digestion, healing, reducing inflammation of joints, and maintaining a balanced blood sugar level.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. It is a chemical that helps maintain your brain’s healthy function, and asparagus is a good source of it. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. Anxiety disorder is caused by a deficiency in zinc.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.